20 + Years of Legal Expertise
Attorney Roderick G. Allison
Attorney Roderick G. Allison is a native of Kannapolis, NC, and has been in the active practice of law for over 20 years. He graduated from North Carolina Central University, with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science/Minor in English in 1995 as Class Valedictorian. He then earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, School of Law in 1998. During his educational career, Atty. Allison also interned with the U.S. Dept. of Justice Civil Rights Division (Washington, D.C.) and the N.C. Office of the Appellate Defender.
After working as In-House Counsel for a non-profit corporation for a number of years, Atty. Allison founded The Allison Office, a general law practice located in Creedmoor, NC in 2003. During his legal career, Atty. Allison has served clients across the State of North Carolina in numerous areas of law, including personal injury, traffic law, medical malpractice, non-profit law and other general areas.
His professional affiliations have included: American Bar Association; N.C. Bar Association (General Practice Solo & Small Firm Section); N.C. Advocates for Justice (Auto Torts Section); Granville County Bar Association; Ninth Judicial District Bar; Association of Trial Lawyers of America; and Christian Legal Society of UNC-Chapel Hill (Past-President).
Atty. Allison has also remained committed to serving the community, including the following organizations: N.C. Bar Association LREA Committee High School Law Career Conference (Chairman); N.C. Bar Association Lawyers in the Schools Committee; N.C. Bar Association Civic Education & Community Engagement Committee;Granville County Community Foundation; Positive Community Impact, Inc.; C.A.R.E., Inc.; Male Mentoring Success Initiative Speaker; IDYL School (Mock Trial Volunteer); CFC Academy (Public Speaking Instructor); Granville Central High School (Mock Trial Team Advisor); and serving as a mentor to countless students seeking to pursue a career in the legal profession. Atty. Allison is also a powerful, engaging motivational speaker with a unique ability to inspire his audience.
During his career Atty. Allison has received numerous honors/recognitions, including: NCBA Law-Related Education Sweet 16 Award; Historically Black Colleges & Universities Living Legends Award; Pollitt and Gressman Appellate Advocacy Award; Susie M. Sharp Inn of Court and other community and professional awards.
Ironically, Atty. Allison is not only a lawyer, but he is also a nationally recognized Comedian/Motivational Speaker/Trumpeteer. When he’s not providing legal services, Atty. Allison travels nationally and internationally performing his clean brand of comedy for churches, colleges and corporations. In 2013, he was recognized by the NC Bar Association for his dual career in Law and Comedy.
In his spare time, Atty. Allison enjoys spending time with his wife (Kimberly) and 2 children (Christofferson and Kristin).
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, School of Law
- North Carolina Central University (Class Valedictorian)
B.A. Political Science/Minor in English, 1995
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- N.C. State Bar (Admitted 1998)
- N.C. Bar Association, Member
- LREA Committee High School Law Career Conference, Past Chair
- Civic Education & Community Engagement Committee, Member
- Lawyers in the Schools Committee, Member
- General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Section, Member
- N.C. Advocates for Justice, Auto Torts Section Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Granville County Bar Association, Member
- Ninth Judicial District Bar, Member
- Granville County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Former Member
- Christian Legal Society (UNC-Chapel Hill), President (1997-1998)
- Granville County Community Foundation, Board Member
- Positive Community Impact, Inc. (Charlotte, NC), General Counsel
- Royal Pavilions of Creedmoor, Inc. (Creedmoor, NC), Corporate Secretary/General Counsel
- Male Mentoring Success Initiative Speaker